- 11 Effective Ways to Check for Fraud Companies and Fake Job Offers
- Top 15 Awesome Comic Book Android Apps
- Top Educational Android Apps to Boost Productivity
- 6 Great Ways to Boost Your Torrent Downloading Speed
|Courtesy: Maria Elena, Flickr|
WHAT IS ADB
Android Debug Bridge (adb) is a command line tool that lets you communicate with an android emulator or connected Android device such as phone, tablet etc.
WHAT IS FASTBOOT
Fastboot is a diagnostic protocol used primarily to modify the flash filesystem in Android smartphones from another computer over a USB connection. It is part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
INSTALLING ADB & FASTBOOT
- Download this file containing necessary files for ADB and Fastboot.
- Extract the adbfastboot.zip file in your C: Drive such that the path now is C:\adbfastboot alternatively you can copy the file to any other suitable folder/drive.
- Press Win + R to bring up the 'Run' box and type in sysdm.cpl and click OK.
- System Properties window will open up.
- Go to Advanced tab --> Click on Environment Variables
- At the Environment Variables window, under System variables, click on Path, and then click on the Edit button:
- When the Edit System Variable window pops up, type in ;C:\adbfastboot (along with semi-colon) at the extreme end and hit OK
- Alternatively if you have copied it to a different location then you can copy that path by going to that folder and clicking on the small yellow folder icon. Then perform the same drill as mentioned above
- Click OK. Installation is complete!
ACCESSING ADB & FASTBOOT
To use ADB and Fastboot simply open up command prompt and type in instructions such as : adb [command] or fastboot [command].
To obtain a full list of commands of ADB/Fastboot simply type adb or fastboot in command prompt.
NOTE : This tutorial is limited to Installation of ADB/Fastboot on Windows only. If you want to access your android device using ADB/Fastboot then refer to THIS TUTORIAL.