Lenovo Ideapad A1 is a 7 inch capacitive touch LED display tablet with dual camera and microsd support by default running Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system but seriously who uses Android 2.3 anymore? Upgrade your Lenovo Ideapad A1 right now for free from Gingerbread 2.3 to Ice cream sandwich 4.0 from this easy to follow, step by step guide.
Although the recovery has now been tested by several people and there have been no problems reported, there is still a small risk of damage or problems due to unforeseen issues. In the event that something goes wrong, I will do my best to help recover the situation, but I am not liable for any damage incurred. It is up to you to decide if you want to take this risk. If you are not comfortable with the risk, then do not continue!
- Top Educational Android Apps to Boost Productivity
- List of Best Must Watch Sci-Fi CGI Movies Till Date
- 6 Great Ways to Boost Your Torrent Downloading Speed
- 11 Effective Ways to Check for Scam Companies and Fake Job Offers
There are few methods out there for Gingerbrad to ICS upgrade on Ideapad A1 and each of them holds a risk of bricking your tablet. That risk proved fatal to my tablet but i was able to unbrick my tablet successfully. So as far as I know, the method below is the easiest to convert your Lenovo A1 from 2.3 Gingerbread to 4.0.4
- Please make sure that your data is backed up before attempting the upgrade
- Do not use a "phone card reader as a sdcard reader" as it doesn't work and it's pretty slow.
- Micro SD card
- SD card Reader
- Rename the file from ICS1.2.zip to update.zip. Check that your file name is update.zip, and not update.zip.zip (as some users may have unknowingly added .zip to the .zip file)
- Copy the update.zip file to a micro-SD card.
- Turn off your tablet if on. Enter the micro-SD card in the card slot.
- Hold down volume down and turn the power back on, keeping volume down held until the tablet boots up to an image of an arrow out of a box with an android (this is the stock recovery).
- Wait whilst the file installs. The progress bar should fill up.
- The progress bar will load as shown in the picture and after it's complete, you will see green tick in a green triangle signifying completion.
- When the updating is completed, turn on the device and go into the ICS-based OS.
Warning : The latest OTA update ( Jul 2012, i.e A107I0_A404_001_014_0116_US) from Lenovo has reportedly caused problems that the Home, Back and Task Switch Soft buttons have been rendered functionless. Hence, Do not download the update until this issue is resolved or until another update is released (i.e. skip Step 10-12)
– See warning above
— See warning above —
- If the above procedure does not work out for you, Refer to the this Unbricking/Restoring Tutorial.
- If you have doubts regarding Flashing cwm on ideapad A1 , Refer to this Tutorial.